Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Wars By Timothy Findley (9)

Having just finished Timothy Findley's novel, "The Wars" I must say that I throughly enjoyed it.  The story had it's ups and downs, and with each twist it was slowly able to pique my engagement.  The story's epilogue was, I felt was a bit weak but, that might be because of the change in pace.    For anyone, who doesn't know, the novel, is essentially a tragedy, as the protagonist suffers and watches others suffer through out the course of the story.  You might say that Robert Ross, the protagonist, suffers from taedium vitae.   All the same, I throughly enjoyed the novel, albeit with small amounts of lassitude due to transitional stages that Robert goes through.

I recommend this novel to any major reader who has yet to read it.  Very thought provoking and historically relevant.  8/10




1 comment:

  1. Well, it takes a mature mind to really appreciate The Wars I think. I am glad you were able to enjoy it. I liked reading your reflections especially dealing with your personal thoughts about the reading and your process of learning.

    ReplyDelete